Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Landslide: President Obama

Fox News called Ohio for Barack Obama while Karl Rove was in the middle of an electoral map analysis that said John McCain will have a nearly impossible road to victory without Ohio.

"If he loses Ohio," Rove said of McCain, "he goes from 286, which the Republicans carried in 2004, down to 266, and that puts him below the 270 threshold needed to win the White House. So he'd not only need to sweep the rest of these states which were won by the Republicns in 2004, he'd also need to pick up something as well."

"Guess what Karl," Brit Hume broke in, "I've just received word that the state of Ohio has gone for Barack Obama."

And in my Time Zone and past it, Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, and Hawaii will net 74 Electoral College votes for Obama. The champagne is chillin.'

9 comments:

Vincent said...

Congratulations, Marc. You played your part.

Bruce said...

Yes we did!

I didn't respond to your comment on my blog because I was out canvassing. We didn't deliver our EVs in Georgia but we did contribute to the historic popular vote.

It's hard to describe the feeling right now, but I doubt there were many dry eyes in Grant Park last night and there weren't in my house either at about 11 o'clock.

Vigilante said...

I feel I can feel pride in being a part of the American Nation again. For the first time in this Century.

Naj said...

Unfortunately I didn't have TV or internet last night. But, this morning, I felt a deep respect for America! Congratulations.
This is a cultural revolution ...
Now I can start looking for my favorite job in the US again!

MarcLord said...

vincent--

yes, we gave the maximum money allowed to O and I called rednecks for him.

MarcLord said...

bruce,

good on you and yours!

I have a horrible champagne hangover.

MarcLord said...

naj,

and what job would that be? Would love to have you here.

MarcLord said...

haha, vigilante,

As de Toqueville said, America is a far-out place.

Naj said...

researcher!