Tuesday, March 06, 2007


Libby Verdict In Ten Minutes

I'm only writing this to lower my own expectations. The jury in the CIA leak case deliberated for ten days over an obvious cover-up of an obvious smear campaign, asking three times, "What is 'reasonable doubt,' anyway?"

(tip o' hat to HopeSpringsATurtle for finding the cartoon.)

Update: Guilty, Guilty, Not Guilty, Guilty, Guilty. Libby convicted on 4 of 5 counts of obstruction and perjury. In his closing argument defense lawyer Ted Wells, while dissolving in tears, told the jury: "Now I give him to you. Please give him back to me!" Here you go, Ted! Thank you, jurors.

2 comments:

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

{{{{wink at Marc}}}}
I love this piece. You have a nose for the good stuff.

MarcLord said...

hehe, yours is better, Hope. Keep it comin'!