Friday, August 03, 2007


Peter Gabriel And Kate Bush: Don't Give Up

In this proud land we grew up strong,
we were wanted all along.
I was taught to fight, and taught to win,
I never thought I could fail.

No fight left or so it seems,
I am a man whose dreams have all deserted.
I've changed my face, I've changed my name,
but no one wants you when you lose.

Dont give up, because you have friends.
Don't give up: you're not beaten yet.
Don't give up. I know you can make it good!

Though I saw it all around, I never thought
I could be affected. Thought that we'd be
the last to go, it is so strange the way things turn.

Drove last night toward my home,
the place that I was born, on the lakeside.
As daylight broke, I saw the earth.
The trees had burned down to the ground.

Dont give up!
You still have us.
Dont give up!
We don't need much of anything.
Don't give up 'cause
somewhere theres a place,
there's a place where we belong.

Rest your head.
You worry too much!
It's going to be alright.
When the times get rough,
you can fall back on us.
Don't give up!
Please: don't give up.

Gotta walk out of here--
I can't take anymore...
gonna stand on that bridge
and keep my eyes down below!
Whatever may come,
and whatever may go,
let the rivers flow.
Let rivers flow!

Moved on to another town,
tried hard to settle down;
for every job, so many men,
so many men, no one needs.

Dont give up!
Because you have friends.
Don't give up!
You're not the only one...
Dont give up!
No reason to be ashamed.
Dont' give up:
you still have us.
Don't give up, now,
we're proud of who you are.
Don't give up!
You know it's never been easy.
Don't give up,
'cause I believe that there's a place,
there's a place where we belong.

No comments: