Monday, June 25, 2007


Hmmm...What's Up Doc?

Values are not, and will not be, inculcated by the family, the church, or other social institutions in either the present or the future. They are, and will be, inculcated by the visual and electronic media.

Lester Thurow, 1996
It's all about what you see and what you hear when you is a young-un. As a geometric proof, Bugs Bunny is my role model. My exposure to opera came almost entirely through the Looney Tunes, and specifically 'The Rabbit of Seville.' I must also give some credit to running late at night through the streets to the opera houses of Munich, Vienna, Berlin, Basel, London, and Belgrade. But Bugs Bunny had already had formed my artistic ideas of all the operas I ever saw. My wife and I should probably start making lots of cartoons. And plenty of pictures, videos, podcasts, and blogs. The true language of our tribe. We must overwhelm the visual and electronic media presented to us with something better.

No comments: